We are convinced that systems that are easy to use are systems that get used, and they create benefits and control for our customers. This forms the basis of everything we do in our development of MaintMaster. Although MaintMaster is an extremely powerful maintenance system, it is easy to get started with the basic features. Taking your initial step to create benefits from the outset is neither difficult nor complicated. All you have to do is follow these six steps to get started. It couldn’t be any easier!
5. How to create a person and invite to become a user
In order to give more persons access to MaintMaster, you will have to create them and send an invite. To do this:
2. The card that has appeared is called a person card, and this is where you enter information about your person, for example:
- Name: First name Last name (the field is divided into two boxes, one for first name and one for last name)
- Telephone: 013 377 900 (telephone number of the person)
- Number: 1002 (your internal number for the person)
- Mobile: Mobile number of the person
- Title: CEO (title of person)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (note that this must be a valid address)
- Company: MaintMaster Systems (the company to which the person belongs)
- Group: if the person is to be included in a group, such as Maintenance Technicians, this can be entered here. If you have not created any groups, you can learn more about this in the Groups section.
- Check the box “Can be responsible, and be a resource for, jobs” if the person is to be able to participate in the job.
3. Save your person with File/Save or CTRL + S, in order to keep the person card open
4. Click the Invite to MaintMaster button
5. Set a privilege (what a person is allowed to do in MaintMaster) and a role (what the person will see)
6. Click Next to view a summary of your invitation
7. Click Finish to complete the invitation
MaintMaster will now send an e-mail to the address you entered in the E-mail field. The recipient of the e-mail must confirm their account by clicking on a link in the e-mail which means the user will then be able to log in and start using MaintMaster!
You can easily create custom fields for your persons to allow you to select the information you want to include. The fields you create are called properties, but are often referred to as XP (extended properties).
Do as follows to bring up a field that lists the favorite pizzas of different persons:
2. Click Add under the Properties tab
3. Enter the name Favorite pizza (this is just an example, you can of course rename your property to something that is relevant to you)
4. Select Value list as Data type
Selecting the Value list means that you must enter the values that are presented in a drop down list. The different data types will allow you to select the format you want for your information.
5. Enter a few pizzas in the value list, such as,
6. Click OK to save your new property
7. Click OK again to close the category editor