We are convinced that systems that are easy to use are systems that get used, and they create benefits and control for our customers. This forms the basis of everything we do in our development of MaintMaster. Although MaintMaster is an extremely powerful maintenance system, it is easy to get started with the basic features. Taking your initial step to create benefits from the outset is neither difficult nor complicated. All you have to do is follow these six steps to get started. It couldn’t be any easier!
1. How do you create your assets register
The assets register contains all the objects that you want to be able to manage in your maintenance system. Objects can be your machines, your plant, your vehicles or other objects that you need to create jobs for. The register can be built up in a tree structure similar to a file system with different levels, for example, Factory – Production line – Main object – Machine – Sub object. How to choose to build this depends on how your business operates. Creating objects is easy.
1. Click on Site explorer and right click on the location of the plant to which you want to add an object.
2. Select the category, such as Machine
3. The card that have appeared are called object card on which you can enter information about your object. In the example below, we have added a new lathe by completing the following information:
- Name: NC Lathe (please use the Manufacturer’s name)
- Number: 101020
- Designation: New lathe (here you can enter the name of the lathe)
A main site object “Factory” has already been entered in your system from the beginning, along with a couple of Departments and a Production group. You can easily rename or delete these. Open object cards by double-clicking them in the Site explorer. Simply replace the name in the Name field and click Save.
You can easily move your objects in the tree by dragging and dropping.
To make it easy to navigate and get information about our objects, we need to have a good structure. We can achieve this by using categories and types!
A category together with a type describes what something is, for example:
- We have many objects that can take us from A to B. To collect these objects in a group we can categorize these as As there are many different types of vehicle, we use types to define objects in more detail, such as Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Forklift. Our categories in MaintMaster are Vehicles and the different types we add as Car, Truck, Motorcycle, Forklift.
It must be easy to find your way through our plant tree. In addition to being able to search directly in the tree through a filter, we can make our images clickable! To make a new object clickable, you must always assume that the object is at a level higher up in your plant tree, do as follows:
- Go to your plant tree
- Click on the Production object (the image you want to create a clickable link for)
- The image of the object displays on the right side, where you will also find the Edit button image; click it
- Select Edit object views and image links
- In the new window that opens, you will find the images that so far are not clickable to the left side of the object. Grip one of the objects and drag it out to your image, drop the object on the location in the image where you want to create your link
- Save and close to complete the link
You can easily create custom fields for your objects to ensure that you can select the information you want to include. The fields that you create are called XP (extended properties) but are often simply called properties. You can do as follows, for example, to have a field with information about when the warranty period for your machine expires.
3. Enter the name Warranty period ends (this is just an example, you can of course rename your property with something that is relevant to you)
4. Select Date as Data type
Selecting the Date will mean that the field always has a date in the format of year – month – day. The different data types allows you to select the format you want for your information.
5. Click OK to save your new property
6. Click OK again to close the category editor
Tip! The new property (field) is included with all cards of the same category. This data can be handled in the same way as all other data in the system. For example, to search, sort, create diagrams and much more. This makes MaintMaster an extremely dynamic and adaptable system.