Tom Reames is looking forward to establishing MaintMaster in the UK, showing the market what they’ve been missing out on. He has a CMMS and EMA background in Infor EAM, IBM Maximo, and Ultimo. Originally graduated from University in Spanish / Hispanic Studies, before spending 9 years as an Analyst in the Civil Service working with SAP BusinessObjects daily.
Of course, we had to interview him!
Hi Tom, tell us. What made you decide to go for a position at MaintMaster?
– Hi! The passion and ambition for maintenance and their product, plus obviously capable people, and a good product. I hadn’t come across MaintMaster in the UK market, so it was a pleasant surprise to find out about the maintenance expertise and experience at MaintMaster in passion for maintenance and their product.
So how has the introduction to the company been? Has it met your expectations?
– There’s been a lot to learn about the product, and there’s still a lot to do for our readiness for the UK market – but we’ve already made good steps and the structures and support all seem there. Everyone has been incredibly calm and welcoming so far.
In only two days you’ve gone through a huge part of our training, learning the software. What was your first thought about the product, MaintMaster CMMS?
– There is a lot of power under the hood! The Desktop Client is particularly nice, but equally, the mobile and shortcut version is very neat.
And what will be your role at MaintMaster?
– I will be looking to establish MaintMaster in the UK Market. Let the market know what they’ve been missing!
Sounds like you have a lot of fun ahead, what are you looking forward to the most?
– Introducing the UK market to the MaintMaster product and an exciting route to simple standardized maintenance as a route to continuous improvement, and a flexible product that can help them achieve business benefits. The UK exhibition events we have lined up for 2022 are particularly exciting.
Of course, we also want to know what you’re up to when you’re not working! Please tell us!
– My wife and I have 4 kids at home that keep us very busy! Three girls aged 16, 13, and 9 – and a son aged 2½. I am a bit of a gadget obsessive (smartwatches, smart home devices, mobiles, gaming, etc), a movie fan, enjoy tennis and golf to a basic level, and am a big football fan. I live less than 100 meters from the London Stadium although am an Everton fan.
Let’s just sum it up and agree that Tom has a lot of stuff going on, introducing a new product to the UK market, but also taking care of a house full of kids!
Warmest welcome Tom, we’re so happy to have you on board!
/ Madelen Barkland
Contact information to Tom:
email@example.com | +44 7493328466