FordonsGas Sverige operates and builds gas stations for compressed and liquid methane gas. The gas is used to fuel cars, light trucks and also busses, waste trucks and other heavy trucks.
The company is working actively to obtain a high amount of locally produced and renewable gas, called Biogas. For customers who so wish, it’s possible to obtain 100% biogas, which is called Green 100. Based on the volume of fuel, FordonsGas supplies biogas to its network of gas stations.
Biogas has a lot of advantages, in addition to a significant reduction in both carbon dioxide and harmful substances. Because Biogas is produced from organic materials, such as food waste and sewage sludge, they cover the whole cycle. Something that fascinates Carl-Magnus, technical support at FordonsGas:
– Our suppliers take care of garbage, left overs and other waste, and process it. We then take care of the gas. And the remaining residual products are perfect as fertilizer for new food and crops.
MaintMaster is easy to adapt
In 2003, the company took a holistic look at the service at their service stations. They looked round for a maintenance system and chose Aretics T7, the predecessor to MaintMaster. MaintMaster has been used since November 2016.
– We are in charge of our situation. MaintMaster gives us full control and I like that we, by ourselves, can develop the system to adapt it to our way of working”, Jonas, Service Manager at FordonsGas, says. He continues;
– MaintMasters maintenance software is very easy to administer and to make changes in. Sometimes, we have to practice some self-restraint so as not to get carried away! That’s where Carl-Magnus comes in, as our system administrator.
Maintenance standard makes a difference
The challenge for FordonsGas has been to create an understanding for maintenance and why it is important to report faults and problems, and report every action taken. Thanks to the maintenance standard, EN13306, they have something to rely on and help explain what maintenance is and why it’s needed.
– Of course, we need to understand maintenance. We feel confident communicating maintenance using the European standard. Our way of working with maintenance isn’t unique for FordonsGas, it’s not something invented by our management. It is a standard that is used all over Europe.
And Carl-Magnus adds,
– The maintenance standard gives us confidence, and together with MaintMaster we get the control we want.